"Intro to bio-inspired simulation with compute shaders In Unity”
This advanced class introduces compute shaders via a series of video tutorials related to biological simulation. Some basic artistic techniques and principles are also covered.
Three sections of video tutorials, code, assignments.
Must purchase one spot per person.
Must have advanced programming experience. This course requires a lot of self-motivation and self-study.
- Weeks 1-2: Cellular automata and basics of compute shaders
- Weeks 3-4: Using buffers and agent based simulation
- Weeks 4-7: Working in 3D with GPU instancing, VFX graph, shader graph.
* No refunds (since I have no way of retrieving the content from you).
* Course is provided as is. I no longer provide tech support for it directly or help with debugging (though you will have access to a Discord of former students who can sometimes help).
Past participants in Notochord courses include students from Apple, Oculus, Unity, Google, Future Deluxe, The Mill, and many game studios.
- "Hi Arsiliath, just wanted to share that I've completed the course today. I never thought I would be able to write compute shaders with ease like this, I've learned a lot. Thank you for making this course and making it so complete in every aspect."
- "Great job with the workshop. Blown away by the quality of your videos and walkthroughs!"
- "[Course] website looks awesome by the way."