- A highly visual introduction to programming (nice for designers, artists)
- For beginners (no prerequisites)
- Optional tutorial session
- Optional guided project
- Past participants in Notochord courses include students from Apple, Oculus, Unity, Google, Future Deluxe, The Mill, and many game studios.
- "I gotta say, I'm really digging the course so far. As a visual artist and designer with no coding background, it's exactly what I needed! I've actually found myself picking up some of the concepts way faster than I thought I would."
- "I enjoyed a lot the Grid Algebra course. It helped me to think how to deconstruct a problem with the available data. I did other basic courses of coding and this algebra part was always skipped, but I find it important to try to solve problems with the data that's there and not automatically go search on Google for a solution. I see the potential of where it can lead. The pacing was also good. It was basic Math of course, but it made me view Math as a fun thing."
Intro to programming I
1. Programming syntax
3. Basic data types
4. Drawing with code
Intro to programming II
1. Control flow
2. If statements
1. What is %
Grid Algebra & Offsets
1. How to create variation with repetition in code
2. Alignment and margin
3. How to evenly distribute rows and columns
4. Rotations and grids
Please dm me: twitter.com/arsiliath
Intro to programming course